Residential Aide/Associate Counselor
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to and Conduct hotline interviews and present to Administration for approval.
- Provide warm, compassionate welcome to new residents.
- Complete necessary admissions paperwork.
- Provide initial orientation to program.
- Conduct recreational activities and accompany residents on field trips, as assigned. Assist in special on-site events.
- Provide childcare and actively engage with residents.
- Assist in escorting residents to services and activities outside of the facility, such as clinics, income maintenance center, and housing referrals.
- Provide administrative support in areas of office coverage, telephone, and clerical work.
- Distribute donations and supplies to residents.
- Conduct room checks.
- Perform light maintenance/housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assist in providing security coverage including building rounds; distribute room keys to residents.
- Maintain a log of visitors entering and exiting the premises and record all unusual incidents per established procedures.
- Function independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situations per agency procedure and make necessary phone calls as needed.
- Provide shift summaries.
- Meet with Shift Supervisor for individual and group supervision.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings and training seminars conducted to enhance and develop one’s skills.
- Conduct support groups.
- Conduct regular scheduled rounds to ensure safety and therapeutic availability.
- Read and update the residents and staff log books daily.
- Monitor the daily room availability and conduct the necessary outreach.
- Meet with assigned case manager on a regular basis to assist in assigned tasks.
- Maintain progress notes for each resident, documenting assistance provided.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree in Human Services or related field working towards a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three (3) year of service delivery experience in the Human Services field.
- Must possess experience in, or a potential for, delivering a variety of human services to adults and children, preferably in a residential setting.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of domestic violence within and against disenfranchised communities including individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with mental health issues.
- Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Indoors; Outdoors; disease or infections free; hearing; talking; walking; sitting; using hands on objects, tools or controls. Occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Other job characteristics – need to be exact or accurate; repeat same task.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Possess Customer Service Skills.
- Must have ability to be flexible with schedule as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to DV issues.
- Bilingual a plus