Registered Client Associate - New York, NY
What is the opportunity?
As a Registered Client Associate with RBC Wealth Management you will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to one or more Financial Advisors (FA) and/or the Branch Director. Your responsibilities will include assisting clients, researching problems, processing account forms, maintaining account records, and preparing client correspondence. You will be working in a fast paced, professional environment, while partnering and supporting the Financial Advisors to maintain and build new client relationships.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain a professional rapport with clients. Examples could include answering account questions such as account balance information or other account related information.
- Communicate and escalate any important account information to the Financial Advisors on behalf of their clients.
- Ensure that all appropriate account documentation is obtained and maintained. Examples could include facilitating the transfer of funds and securities and issuing client's checks, wires and ACH's as requested.
- Inform clients about missing paperwork and securities or funds due in accordance with branch, complex, firm and compliance policies.
- Adhere to all compliance policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of confidentiality in accordance with RBC's Code of Conduct.
What do you need to succeed?
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1-2 years general office experience
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- A sound understanding of the stock market, investments and retirement plans
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands and competing priorities with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree
- Prior industry experience
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Hourly
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/02/2016
Req ID: 120586
Posting Notes: None