Process Automation Engineer - Industrial Manufacturing
EVRAZ North America is currently seeking a Process Automation Engineer for their Pueblo, CO location in response to growth!
EVRAZ North America is one of the most diversified steel manufactures in North America; headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with manufacturing facilities in the United States (Portland, Or.; Pueblo, Co.) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose; Red Deer, Alberta) EVRAZ North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of EVRAZ Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world. Our diverse range of manufacturing capabilities allows us to produce a wide array of specialty steel products: plate, coiled plate, welded and seamless pipe for oil and gas applications, structural tubing, rail and wire rod / bar. We take a dynamic approach to manufacturing, using the production flexibility of our facilities to respond quickly to changes in the market for maximum efficiency and cost savings.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Process Automation Engineer to join a Central Maintenance team located in Pueblo, Colorado. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support rolling mills and steelmaking production and maintenance at highly automated steel manufacturing plant
- Design, develop, and implement control systems (hardware & software) to improve production times, steel quality, equipment performance, energy consumption, down-time reduction, and process automation
- Obtain complete understanding of company process control systems and their impact on the production line beginning with scrap melting through refining steel, liquid to solid transformation and finished product
- Make recommendations for development action; analyze, modify and improve programmable logic controllers (PLC) and human-machine interfaces (HMI)
- Design and monitor performance indicators, create the necessary bridges between control site and company information systems
- Provide on-going maintenance support and resolution of process control system problems, including taking ownership of such problems to completion
- Write requirements specifications, and high-level design and systems architecture specifications related to control of steel production processes
- Project management responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Automated Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent technical education
- 3 years' work experience
- Experience must include working with Allen-Bradley PLC, drives, HMI software and hardware and ability to read equipment drawings (hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)
EVRAZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans.
At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture steel. We also manufacture excellence, drive success and build careers for our employees. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common set of values and the same goal of creating the best possible solution for our customers.
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package includes benefits such as:
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program