Mobile Engineer (Queens, NY)
This position is located in QUEENS, NY.
Operates, inspects, and maintains all HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities to obtain most efficient operating results and life expectancy. Assures that equipment is being maintained in an energy efficient, safe manner and down time is reduced to a minimum by anticipation of necessary repairs keeping records of past operating experiences. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds as it pertains to assigned buildings.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly, that are required in everyday activities. This to include building automation systems, fire / life safety systems, and any other building related equipment.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours building related activity as required.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Mobile Engineer role.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Universal CFC recovery certification
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering with a strong background in technical aspects of packaged HVAC, plumbing electrical equipment repair and maintenance and overall system design and application.
- Candidate will be provided tools required to perform assigned work scope.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs and climb up to 30 ft ladders.
- On-call duties and overtime as required.
- Must complete background and MVR check.
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit . JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit . Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.