Coordinator, Health and Wellness
SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting the year-round efforts of Special Olympics Connecticut’s (SOCT) Healthy Athletes program. Build a strong community of athletes, volunteers, families and wellness coaches. Ensure quality Healthy Athletes materials are used that are consistent with the mission, goals and philosophy of Special Olympics Connecticut. This is a twenty-five hour per week part time position with some evenings and weekends required.
- Establish new collaborative partnerships for SOCT in the health, wellness and fitness community.
- Recruit Wellness Coaches and register as Class A volunteers with SOCT.
- Assign Wellness Coaches to local programs.
- Plan and conduct Train the Trainer session for Wellness Coaches.
- Establish tracking system for local program participation in wellness curriculum.
- Present curriculum lessons at local activities and Universal Walks.
- Review and make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to curriculum.
- Writes and distributes press releases as needed.
- Is aware of and complies with SOCT’s policies, procedures and non-discrimination policy.
- Provide support to SOCT Health team members.
- Must have a valid Connecticut Driver’s License.
- Other tasks as assigned by SOCT supervision.
- Associates degree or other credentials or equivalent experience in health, fitness or nutrition.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2013, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Public speaking experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in health promotions a plus.
COMPENSATION: This is a part time position and candidate is eligible for mileage reimbursement for events and other necessary travel.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and completed application to:
Special Olympics Connecticut
Don Conklin- Coordinator Unified Sports® Fitness Club
2666 State St, Suite 1, Hamden, CT 06517
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 203-230-1201 ext. 262
Special Olympics Connecticut is an EOE