ASSISTANT QUOTE DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR
We are one of the world's largest pet transport firms, specializing in the safe transport of domestic pets for relocating corporate executives of Fortune 500 companies.
Our Darien, CT office seeks a ASSISTANT QUOTE COORDINATOR to help in the development of quotes for our international customers who are seeking to transport their pets.
If you have a strong detail-orientation with numbers, are highly organized and passionate about pets, we welcome hearing from you.
The Assistant Quote Coordinator works with the Manager of Pet Operations/Quotes to handle the research and analysis of transport options in order to meet the needs of each pet move, while maximizing profitability.
In this position you will help to develop comprehensive quotes, including all relevant transportation costs, such as flights, crates, partner fees and other expenses. You will also be assigned special projects aimed at enhancing company operations and customer service capabilities.
Among the Assistant Quote Coordinator's responsibilities are:
* Assisting the department manager with maximizing the profitability of moves by working with domestic and international partners and vendors to ensure the highest quality service at the lowest possible costs
* Researching new vendor options to expand network of preferred vendors
* Coordinating flight routes with the airlines and operations department to ensure that routes consider pet safety and profitability goals
* Communicating with the customer service team to help diagnose the customer’s specific needs in order to provide an accurate quotation
* Efficiently processing a very high volume of quotations at any given time
* Maintaining Google maps data to ensure the most current information on worldwide partners, vendors and resources
* Assisting in screening and providing initial responses to customer inquiries generated by website estimate requests
* General administrative support to department as needed
* Handling special projects as assigned
* Extremely detail-oriented individual that can accurately develop quotes with minimal error
* Some prior experience in billing or quoting of projects is preferred
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, ideally with related coursework
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Highly organized with ability to work well under the pressure of a busy environment and large volume of projects during the peak season
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Excel knowledge strongly desired.
* Typing/data entry speed of 50 wpm +
* Passion for pets
* Has some flexibility with working an adjusted schedule during peak summer months
Our office is located within walking distance of the Darien train station.
Salary range is $38,000- $40,000 annually plus benefits
Please send resume with cover letter in World format to:
Please put AQC in the subject line of your e-mail.
No phone calls, please.
Apply for ASSISTANT QUOTE DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly