What is the opportunity?
The Communications Advisor will work collaboratively to create a consistent, high-quality employee experience through proactive, strategic internal communications, employee engagement initiatives and leveraging digital platforms. The purpose of this role is to contribute positively to RBC's reputation in the U.S. through supporting proactive, strategic media relations, particularly in relation to social and digital media.
What will you do?
- Provide day-to-day tactical support to the Communications team in New York and the broader global team as required.
- Develop and regularly contribute interesting and engaging content for the Intranet, including employee profiles, team success stories, media news, deal spotlights, philanthropic efforts, and other business related news.
- Support town halls and other employee engagement events through the preparation of presentations, talking points and briefing materials.
- Support in the development of ongoing internal communication strategy and tactical plans for rolling out new initiatives in the U.S. and globally.
- Format and distribute internal messages in accordance with internal brand standards.
- Support the development of and proactively design content for RBC's Twitter handle and LinkedIn profile.
- Proactively assess social media environment (competitor and trends) and advise of opportunities that are available for increased exposure.
- Support the team by driving forward media strategy, including identifying and pursuing key media opportunities for our businesses and our executives.
- Support team members and their efforts during conferences, media roundtables, thought leadership events, media meetings, use of the trading floor camera, journalist database updates and other Global Research needs.
- Liaise daily with our press clippings agency to distribute media clips internally.
- Measurement and reporting with respect to the effectiveness of internal and external communications.
- Contribute to the success of the overall goals of the Brand, Communications & Citizenship group, including supporting brand and sponsorship initiatives where appropriate.
- Contribute to RBC's culture through supporting CSR and Diversity campaigns with compelling internal communications and active participation in events.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-4 years of relevant internal and/or corporate communications experience at a PR firm or financial services/professional services firm
- Hands-on experience in managing social media channels
- Media relations and internal communications experience
- Strong writing skills
- Results-focused with a strong attention to detail
- Digitally savvy
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Ability to multi-task and cope well under pressure
- Bachelor's degree or higher
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2016
Req ID: 120107
Posting Notes: None