Director, US Capital Markets Internal Audit/CCAR/FBO
In support of the Managing Director, US Head of CCAR Internal Audit, provide independent, objective risk assessment and evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management practices, internal control and corporate governance processes for U.S. based businesses and supporting functions such as CCAR and FBO. Work with management in achieving business objectives by creating solutions to improve business operations, while remaining objective and independent. Results ultimately impact shareholders, employees and customers. Engagement is defined as a specific assignment, task, or review activity, such as: an internal audit, design review, examination, or consultancy. An engagement may include multiple tasks or activities designed to accomplish a specific set of related objectives.
- On certain engagements, lead a team of professional auditors and be responsible for all aspects of an audit.
- ldentify competent and sufficient resources, with relevant skill sets to meet each audit.
- Manage staff assigned to the engagement and review audit work for sufficient scope and for accuracy.
- Co-operate with other audit groups to effectively plan and execute Audits.
Lead by example in promoting teamwork across IAS Audit and Planning
- Draft the audit plan that ensures adequate coverage of all risks to permit the issuance of an overall opinion on internal controls and risk Management practices to senior management.
- Oversee/manage engagement projects, maintaining IAS standards, in the planning, execution and reporting of information.
- Implement audit plan and ensure effective audit practices for traditional and continuous audits.
- Participate in complex and confidential/special audit projects enterprise wide as requested by senior management of the Bank.
- Ensure appropriate working paper evidence of findings is maintained.
- Manage performance of on-site audit work and review working papers when audit lead.
- Work with business to develop and implement continuous assurance process.
- Maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders ensuring they get maximum value from our engagement work.
- Provide consulting, advisory services or lead an audit of a business as required, which are consistent with our role to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, providing the services do not represent a conflict of interest or detract from our mandate.
- Effect change by assisting business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
- Keep abreast of organizational, regulatory, product, strategic and financial changes and/or trends impacting assigned business platform.
- In-depth knowledge of capital planning, stress testing and regulatory reporting.
- Knowledge of capital markets businesses and functions - specifically risk management, operations or product control essential.
- Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational and/or model risk management experience a plus.
- Understanding of the global regulatory environment and key compliance issues impacting banking institutions a plus.
- Project Management skills a must.
- Strong knowledge in auditing principles and techniques.
- An understanding of management principles that enable recognition and evaluation of materiality and significant deviations from good management practices.
- Knowledge of US, GAAP and International Accounting Standards, complex accounting, auditing standards as well as business processes.
- Effective interaction/dealing with senior management of bank and able to maintain a strong relationship with clients.
- Knowledge of technology.
- Effective and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to lead by example through provision of knowledge, teamwork, cross-unit cooperation and information
- Minimum 6 years recent relevant banking/audit experience.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: People Manager
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel: 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Job Posting End Date: 07/29/2016
Req ID: 113545
Posting Notes: SF:JB