Global Credit Associate
What is the opportunity?
The New York based Global Credit Associate will manage a portfolio of roughly 35 corporate loan borrowers. The portfolio will include both investment and non-investment grade borrowers in the telecommunications & technology industries with a strong focus on cash flow based lending.
What will you do?
- Monitoring of borrower credit trends, and financial covenant compliance.
- Provide timely updates on client, industry and market performance, particularly in connection with any signs of potential deterioration or developments requiring amendments/waivers to existing loan documentation.
- Presentation of Credits in Portfolio Management Meetings.
- Timely & accurate maintenance of the Bank's reporting systems, as well as adherence with legal documentation and internal policies.
- Managing contact with back and Front Office functions for issues related to wires, payments, settlements etc.
- Engaging peers in Risk Management and Portfolio Management in credit monitoring and administration.
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree required in Finance, Accounting or other business related major.
- Completion of Level I CFA or formal credit training program or comparable work experience.
- An in depth-knowledge of Syndicated Credit Agreements.
- Collaboratively oriented individual
- Strong analytical/organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal & presentation skills, as well as attention to detail
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- CFA testing reimbursement is available, making this an ideal situation for those candidates actively pursuing a CFA.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 07/31/2016
Req ID: 112036
Posting Notes: None