Smart Order Routing C++ Developer (Capital Markets Technology)
What is the opportunity?
The Global Equities Technology Group is seeking a C++ developer to join our Electronic Trading development team. The group develops and enhances RBC's smart order routing technology (THOR), designed to improve execution quality, minimize latency arbitrage and control trading costs. (THOR was famously profiled in Michael Lewis' book Flash Boys in 2014) This is a fast paced business with frequently changing needs and requirements. The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic group, interact effectively with technical systems and business personnel, adapt/integrate new technologies and broaden the scope of capability required to meet the needs of the business.
What will you do?
- Partner with Global Electronic Trading Technology group to innovate and create market leading products
- Develop new tactics, tools and fixes for the THOR smart order Router platform within Electronic Trading
- Solve real world, complex problems with effective and innovative technology solutions
- Assists in day-to-day Production support
- Analyze business requirements and document functional specifications
- Primarily C++ Development with some Java
- Experience working with business users/clients/developers to perform analysis and recommend solutions
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years C++ development, hands on experience developing on Linux and Windows platforms, Java a plus
- Experience with FIX Protocol and developing/supporting OMS (order management system)
- Experience with database applications and working knowledge of SQL and/or KDB
- Experience with high capacity/low latency infrastructure
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science
- 3+ years in a technology position within the Capital Markets industry
- Knowledge of US market structure; additional knowledge of Canadian and European market structure beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Exposure to Big Data (Hadoop etc.), Data modelling and Analytics
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technology, shaping the industry (THOR - famously profiled in Michael Lewis' book Flash Boys )
- Challenging work on complex software systems
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high performing team with a proven track record for delivery
- Work closely with engaged Front Office business stakeholders
- Work on building high capacity, reliable, low latency infrastructure
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 05/24/2016
Req ID: 110231
Posting Notes: None