US Director of Software Sales - Financial Vertical
Check out the salary for this job = $160 - 200K base + commission = $350 - 400K.
To determine if you should consider clicking, "Apply," be sure you meet all 6 of these requirements:
- You have high level contacts within the top banks/hedge firms/brokerage houses
- You have been in Sales for 10 years
- You have Managed a Sales team for 3 years
- You have experience selling enterprise software to the Financial markets (on a global scale)
- You have been making at/above $250K selling ERP S/W into Financial verticals
- You currently live in the tri-state area (NY, CT, NJ)
Now, here is the "regular" write up for this job:
US Director of Sales to lead Enterprise Risk Management Software Sales (Player-Coach Role).
Our client is a dynamic, fast-growing software company whose list of clients includes major global financial institutions and corporations. They are the global leader in Regulatory Reporting, Capital Adequacy, Risk Management, Liquidity, Compliance and Data Management solutions for more than two decades servicing financial institutions worldwide.
With offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, our client provides technology solutions and professional services as they offer a complete line of engineering tools in the risk management, compliance and financial control areas.
Their technology combines object-oriented programming, relational database technology, graphical user interfaces and sophisticated financial models.
- We are seeking an experienced US Director of Sales to lead Enterprise Risk Management Software Sales. The position is responsible for managing a team of 6 Senior Sales Executives, sales & territory management, sales strategy, and revenue generation. You will also have your own territory and be responsible for your own quota.
- This position requires expertise in managing complex, solution sales cycles, and involves working closely with pre-sales staff and new account development.
- Equal responsibility will be managing the team & developing your own book of business.
- Assist with selling and maintaining new and existing client relationships through a strategic based approach in order to increase sales, and achieve set quarterly/yearly targets. This will often involve high quality presentations, client meetings and drafting proposals.
- Manage and coordinate responses to requests for product and services information (RFIs and RFPs) from external parties, clients and prospects.
- A bachelor degree is required; IT or business finance related discipline.
- The successful candidate will currently be in a sales management role and also have 8+ years of successful selling experience to financial institutions. Particular experience in selling to the Finance, Treasury or Risk Management groups within banks a plus.
- Must have a basic IT understanding eg can talk about platforms, databases, deployment.
- Must be a strong team player and able to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Good understanding of finance and risk management; acquired either by advanced study or through industry experiences a plus.
- Experience with managing a pipeline and forecasting capabilities.
- Travel as needed