Customer Service/Sales Support
Lex has a Customer Service/Sales Support opportunity at our Shelton, CT corporate office for an effective communicator who can provide our customers and Lex coworkers an exceptional level of support. The Customer Service/Sales Support team works with other Lex internal and field sales professionals to provide our customers a seamless resource that serves as the “face of our customers” to the rest of the Company. The Customer Service/Sales Support position is essential in Lex’s ability to provide the customer service that makes Lex Products a Company of Choice to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform order, quote and RMA entry for standard and non-standard products.
- Monitor the shared mailboxes to ensure timely customer responses.
- Attend and participate in department meetings and monthly progress report meetings.
- Maintain a high volume of data entry while focusing on speed and accuracy.
- Act as a liaison between Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production and the customer as needed.
- Respond promptly and accurately to all internal and external customer requests.
- Email/phone communications with customers including but not limited to, clarification of RFQ and purchase order information, will call pick-ups and submittal drawing approval.
- Reply to all customer requests within two hours.
- Gather appropriate information and documents submitted by the client.
- Maintain professional demeanor during all interactions.
- Work effectively and efficiently to resolve customer issues and know when to escalate matters to next level of support.
- Work effectively with team members to provide exceptional support for internal and external customers.
- Provide customers with friendly, fast, professional, and knowledgeable customer support.
- Provide suggestions to improve departmental processes.
- Actively enhance product, technical, and industry knowledge.
- Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Sales Support Supervisor and/or Inside Sales Manager.
- Accurately maintain electronic databases and sales history files.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Customer service experience preferred, with history of demonstrated success
- Polished internal and external customer service skills
- Exceptional computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet
- Effective oral and written communication; good spelling, grammar and attention to accuracy
- High level of professionalism and a consistent, reliable work ethic
- Ability to maintain a good attendance record in order to effectively facilitate the connection between our customers’ needs and company resources and colleagues.
- Superior time management and organizational skills are required in order to stay on top of sales orders and their shipment.
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform well under pressure
- An attention to detail and a drive to reach/exceed sales goal targets
- Strong problem solving skills and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to extend a professional image through a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Empathetic interpersonal interaction
- Problem solving/analytical and basic math skills
- Strong organizational skills
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 2 years of customer service experience.
- A high school diploma / GED is required. A college degree in business, the arts, technology or similar field is beneficial.
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) ex. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft NAV, Made2Manage is a plus.
- Experience working with power distribution manufacturing or Entertainment Production
Lex Products LLC
Lex Products LLC is a leading manufacturer of innovative power distribution and control systems designed to withstand rough use and harsh environments. Through Lex’s portable power systems (including distribution boxes, cable assemblies, work lighting, cable protectors, etc.) we provide our entertainment, industrial and military customers the energy needed to successfully accomplish their goals. To learn more, see our web site at www.lexproducts.com.
Along with an attractive compensation structure Lex offers a complete benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) match and incentive/bonus programs.
Lex Products is an Drug Free / Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities who can perform the position’s essential job functions.
To apply forward resumes to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15421471