Inside Account Manager
Our client, Roland Foods LLC, is seeking an Inside Account Manager for their NYC office.
Roland Foods is a recognized leader in the imported and specialty food business and is based in New York City. The company is committed to supplying their customers with the most outstanding foods from around the world. Recognized and trusted by professional chefs, food manufacturers and consumers alike, they have years of culinary experience making them a global leader in their category. Roland Foods has a strong presence in the food service, retail and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
Roland Foods takes pride in its diverse and dynamic environment. They believe honoring their 80 year legacy while embracing what’s new and trending, results in an exciting and energizing culture. Long term goals and day-to-day work are achieved with the company’s Guiding Principles in mind. These include “having fun” and “keeping it real” and, when combined with a passion for food, the ability to influence and enroll others and a start-up mindset, the result is an agile and optimistic work environment which promotes collaboration and innovation every day.
The Inside Account Sales Team is dedicated to managing sales transactions and building and nurturing relationships with our distributor partners.
The Inside Account Manager is responsible for managing in-house accounts to meet business volume and profitability objectives, facilitate customer communication and resolve issues to ensure strong, lasting partnerships with key customers. In addition, the Account Manager supports the Sales and Business Development teams to identify new customer and channel opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts at assigned accounts.
- Process all orders and/or review EDI order reports. Communicate and follow up on all aspects of order entry including item availability, shipping timelines and delivery changes.
- Effectively manage customer fill rates and expectations by providing detailed information regarding availability of items that the accounts order regularly and offering suitable substitute items as necessary.
- Implement strategic selling plans to achieve growth targets and corporate goals with direction from Manager.
- Provide account status updates including performance, recent account activities, challenges and other relevant topics as requested.
- Proactively identify, communicate to Manager and promptly resolve any issues.
- Identify new sales opportunities with accounts and provide new item information and pricing.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development to ensure maximum support for both the sales and account management functions.
- Interface with other departments such as Supply Chain, Finance and Creative to achieve objectives.
- Utilize CRM platform to effectively monitor and manage account activity and growth.
- Promptly respond to ad-hoc requests for product information and documentation.
- Entrepreneurial can-do attitude constantly looking for ways to drive sales and margin growth.
- Change agent to drive improvements while building strong internal and external relationships.
- Motivated by challenges and possessing the ability to solve them.
- Confident decision maker with emphasis on detail and data.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Ability to craft vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible team environment.
- Knowledge of EDI (electronic data interchange) – helpful but not required.
- Computer proficiency, including Excel.
- Ability to gain Salesforce.com proficiency with adequate training.
- Experience with other CRM platforms and SharePoint – helpful but not required.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please send your resume via this service.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status or genetics.