Korea Program Assistant
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading non-profit, 501(c)(3), human service organization that is committed to increasing the social and emotional well-being of more than 11,000 individuals throughout Fairfield County and beyond. Skilled professionals serve clients in four primary service areas: children and families, youth, adults and seniors. Ninety cents of every dollar donated to FCA directly benefits those in need in our community.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are searching for a Part-Time Korea Adoption Program Assistant to join our Adoption team:
The Adoption Department serves prospective adoptive parents interested in building their families through adopting and expectant parents considering adoption, with a goal of create safe and permanent plans for children. Our programs are designed to provide a continuum of services that support all members of the adoption triad throughout the life cycle of each family. For adoptive families, the Adoption Department provides pre-adoption counseling, home study services, adoption placement services, post placement support and assistance in adoption finalizations. We are seeking a part-time Korea Program Assistant to support the Korea Program Manager in the overall operations of FCA’s Korea Adoption Program. This position will be based in our new Branford, Connecticut office and will work 15 hours per week.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Receive client inquiry calls/emails and provide timely response and information regarding Korea Adoption Program
- Receive new applications from clients, prepare case files, and open cases in the EVOLV electronic record system
- Maintain information packets and forms with current details on the Korea program
- Provide potential clients and existing clients with program materials as needed
- Maintain client and collateral contact lists and coordinate all domestic and international mailings
- Research websites to provide information on domestic and international updates, including: adoption programs, government documents and processes, travel information, and marketing possibilities
- Assist in planning of special events and projects for the Adoption Department and Korea Program
- Assist with the distribution of the Korea Program monthly update sent to clients, collaterals, and staff
- Maintain excel spreadsheets including: inquiries, active clients, client USCIS status, and client post placement compliance
- Serve as liaison between FCA and partner agencies across the United States to ensure compliance with post placement reporting and interagency contracts
- Assist clients with Korea Program and USCIS paperwork as needed
- Assist Korea Program Manager with preparing any documents requested by partner agency in Korea
- Assist in maintaining documentation for all cases for adoptive parents and children in the EVOLV system
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office and electronic medical records
- Knowledge of adoption
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Networking and community relations experience
- Ability to organize and maintain reports and track client data
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to adjust to a flexible schedule
- Cultural Sensitivity
We are proud to have been named by Hearst Media as a Top Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut for 2014 and 2015.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/