Director and Counsel, Professional Services
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM AND FIELD SERVICES OPERATIONS
A client of ours in the medical equipment industry based in Wappingers Falls, NY is seeking a Director of Program and Field Services. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
The successful candidate will be an executive management professional possessing a law degree, with extensive expertise in providing hands-on leadership and strategic vision for a Service operations group. Additionally, the candidate will have experience in the areas of business law, contracts negotiation and intellectual property. This role reports directly to the President of Laerdal, Americas, is a member of the Americas Executive Management Team and will serve as a resource to the Group Executive Management team. Management responsibilities include approximately 5 management level direct reports and a total team of approximately 50.
The Director of Program and Field Services Operations will:
- Develop strategy. Lead the development and implementation of the Americas strategy for Programs and Services.
- Leadership. Provide overarching management for field based technical and educational services, program implementation, sustainment and success management, and roles responsible for program management and services execution and delivery.
- Collaborate to achieve results. The position holder will take a practical approach to business through collaboration, customer empathy, business operations and leadership skills while also overseeing and guiding legal review of high-level agreements and contracts.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the Program and Field Services organization – help prioritize, ensure alignment, & functional effectiveness.
- Leverage Program and Field Services by providing expertise on customer requirements, as well as gaps in services offered, to the wider business to help develop strategy and tactics in collaboration primarily with Marketing, Business Development Sales and Finance.
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of program and service operations to create greater transparency, reliability, confidence and customer satisfaction.
- Strong ability to work across stakeholders to create a shared vision and translate into effective strategic plans that deliver business results, goals and objectives.
- Prioritization and oversight of customer deliverables including customer communication, order processing, troubleshooting, planning, repairing and identifying operational process flow; ability to plan manage and execute projects within targeted time and budget.
- Establishment of policies and procedures that support Services engagement framework, enabling the cost-effective delivery of client deliverables.
- Ownership of internal and external issues through to resolution.
- A proven performer committed to growth and profitability with a unique talent for building cohesive, motivated and focused teams.
- Leading the facilitation of new strategic approaches to forward the Program and Business Development.
- Effectively lead and manage based on Laerdal standards, multiple direct and indirect reports from within the organization and various geographic regions.
- Communicate team and individual goals and expectations to ensure direct reports understand their responsibilities and provide performance feedback and development through mentoring, career development and performance management activities.
- Building teamwork and improving process and productivity by working within and across functional areas.
- Demonstrates a flexible and client-centric approach to managing teams and engaging with customers
- Develop positive working relationships with all teams across the organization.
- Provide strategic direction in the areas of strategic agreement development, contract analysis and negotiation.
- Responsible for oversight and negotiating corporate contracts relating to partnership/OEM agreements, vendor relations, sales and marketing.
- Successfully mitigate legal risk and financial exposure in service engagements by analyzing statements of work for project milestones/deliverables discrepancies.
- Strong knowledge of current legal issues pertaining to medical device industry and technology agreements, specifically complex software licensing arrangements.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Customer Service
- Business Management
- J.D. strongly preferred, may be substituted for relevant and extensive Contract experience.
- B.A. or B.S. required
- 10+ years of developing, leading and retaining teams in a Services or Operations group
- Contract expertise as it pertains to intellectual property, negotiations, legal terms and conditions, software licensing, and risk compliance.
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred, including understanding of the marketplace and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record of effectively handling complex projects, to meet the needs of customers.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a hands-on, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, both internally and externally.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please send your resume via this service.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V