Associate Creative Director, Multi-Media
The Associate Creative Director of Multi-Media is responsible for the creative strategy and production process of all multimedia projects (photography and video) for the agency. As a hands-on strategist, they drive consistent storytelling and the end-to-end execution of multimedia stories. They are responsible for the ideas, implementation and delivery of content for multi-channel and multi-stakeholder use that align with agency’s domestic and international work. The Associate Director will manage the internal multimedia team, freelancers, creative agencies and internal “client” needs.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
Vision/Strategy – Drive the multimedia creative strategy for the agency: (15%)
- Drive the multimedia creative strategy for the agency, coordinating with channel owners in Digital, Social and Media and aligning with agency content calendar, strategy and global priorities
Lead All Pre–Post Production: (40%)
- Script writing, storyboarding, creative development and execution with responsibility for identifying where proactive material needs to be created
- Responsible for domestic and international travel for shoots (often extensive)
- Responsible for overseeing all editing and post-production (sound, graphics, music licensing, V/O casting, etc)
High Level External Vendor Management: (20%)
- Responsible for hiring and managing budgets ranging from 5k - 200k
Multi-Media Team Management - (15%)
- Develop year-long multi-media plans and schedules, managing video and photography managers and their priorities and schedules
Explore and take calculated risks - driving innovative approaches to increase video impact in the general public space. This includes spearheading projects such as VR/360, video blogs, YouTube personalities, creative updates from the field and live streaming, etc.
Required Background and Experience, Skills and Behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5-7 years of experience as a video editor, producer/director and project manager in a fast paced environment for a global brand
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Our dedicated and diverse staff work hard to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.