Universal Member Representative, Team Lead
At Scient Federal Credit Union:
We act as a catalyst and promoter, reinforcing the following credit union’s service standards.
We always act in the best interest of our members.
We own, respond, and immediately resolve member questions/concerns.
We look for ways to innovate and improve the member experience.
We continuously seek the opportunity to learn and grow.
We maintain the highest degree of professionalism in appearance, language and behavior.
We protect the privacy and confidentiality of all member and Credit Union information.
Assists in managing on-site service center operations and administrative responsibilities, such as branch opening and closing duties. Ensure all transactions are within Scient’s policies and procedures.
- Resolve staff and member issues and/or complaints by actively listening and asking questions to determine the desired outcome. Provide guidance and assistance until the issue is resolved. Use sound judgment and make exceptions within the limits of position’s authority. Serve as an escalation point for any service center issues.
- Leads the service center’s efforts in providing an unparalleled member experience to our members in accordance with our service standards by effectively building rapport with members. Consul and assist members to meet their financial needs by cross selling credit union products and services to contribute to the attainment of individual and branch goals and overall corporate metrics.
- Maintain and balance a cash drawer and cash vault according to Credit Union standards. Assist teller(s) with problem solving and balancing daily work as necessary.
- Act as a Member Financial Representative when needed. This will include such duties as opening memberships, new accounts and all other inquires and/or maintenance requests related to members’ accounts.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication with all interactive departments within the credit union.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Note: Job location is in the New Haven branch 80% and the Groton branch(es) 20% on a weekly basis.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include input and recommendations related to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;; providing input and data for appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Orientation toward excellence in results. Functions effectively across organization boundaries without bias. Able to look at problems and issues from many perspectives. Takes initiative and embraces new methods. Maintains a sense of urgency.
- Proficient in customer awareness (internal and external). Knowledgeable in Scient departmental operations. Understands user (internal customer) needs. Able to accurately evaluate and predict the effect of decisions and how they relate to external customers.
- Good analytical skills. Objectively analyzes situations and potential consequences to determine best resolution. Makes appropriate decisions in a timely manner. Accurately assesses the quality of most decisions and recommendations.
- Strong Interpersonal Understanding –Anticipates actions and has a plan to deal with them. Focuses on the situation, not the person. Has a balanced view of others’ specific strengths and developmental needs.
- Excellent written, listening, and oral communication skills. Effectively transmits and receives information through a wide variety of sources. Able to effectively communicate across functional departments and across all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional knowledge of credit union policies and procedures. Thorough knowledge of credit union products and services to support members and co-workers to answer questions and to resolve issues. Use sound judgment when recommending a product or service as a solution or when making exceptions.
- Ability to adapt. Must be willing to multitask and change priorities as different situations arise.
- Associates Degree and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Notary Public
- Demonstrated ability to understand cause and affect relationships.
- Willing to change priorities to meet changing demands.
- Well versed in all retail products and services.
- Understands how product or service meets member satisfaction levels. Able to overcome objections and gain commitment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer with a high level of proficiency in such software applications as word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to utilize other technological resources such as the Internet and e-mail.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.