Design Consultant Product Specialist
Position: Design Consultant
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director of Customer Service
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We're a 70-year family business that prides itself on delivering a world-class customer experience and product. We’ve revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We’re growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 40+ showrooms across the country, a state-of-the-art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly catalog. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky’s the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & STD Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: DESIGN CONSULTANT
What does a Design Consultant do? They deliver an excellent customer experience, one window at a time by…
- Offering expert design advice via phone, email and chat
- Assisting customers with product and material selection
- Managing client accounts and maintaining designer/client relationships
- Building quotes and providing order assistance
- All customer leads are generated in house
You will work with a great, collaborative, supportive team, and alongside ownership. So you’ll have the opportunity to learn the business, truly help customers, and have your ideas heard and acted upon on how we can continue to improve.
All new-hires go through training – don’t worry if you’re not a window treatments expert – you will be!
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Positive attitude – very important
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as autonomously
- College degree or equivalent working experience
- Stellar people skills -- working with high-end retail clientele, interior designers and team
- Impeccable phone manner and written communication abilities
- Excellent computer skills -- including MS Office and Outlook
- Capability to work within a flexible schedule
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
We invite you to visit our website at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers or, better yet, drop into one of our showrooms – we’d be happy to show you what we’re all about and what makes our approach to window treatments so unique.