Customer Care Specialist
Position: Customer Care Specialist
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director of Customer Care
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We're a 70-year family business that prides itself on delivering a world-class customer experience and product. We’ve revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We’re growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 40+ showrooms across the country, a state-of-the-art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly catalog. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky’s the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & STD Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST
Our Customer Care department is the soul of our company. It’s easy to look good when everything goes right – but how a company handles a situation when something goes wrong is the true measure of a company. You will work with a great, collaborative, supportive team, and alongside ownership. So you’ll have the opportunity to learn the business, truly help customers, and have your ideas heard and acted upon on how we can continue to improve.
- Provide after-sale service to customers and designers who have purchased custom window treatments from The Shade Store
- Delivering an above and beyond customer experience with each and every interaction whether via phone, email, chat, etc.
- Coordinate solutions that involve multiple parties, i.e. workrooms, designers, measure & install professionals, internal departments, etc…
- Maintaining a positive team atmosphere and consistently acting as a team player
- Uphold a strong company culture of an “always put the customer first” mentality
- Set priorities and see issues through to completion
- Take your learnings and share them with Sales & Production so we can improve and avoid making the same mistake
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills – as you’ll be managing customers and issues through our custom web based program
- Fast learner, absorb information, ask questions
- Always use good judgment
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Calm demeanor and ability to stay cool when under pressure
- Window treatment experience a bonus, but not required
- Flexible schedule
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
We invite you to visit our website at http://www.theshadestore.com/careers or, better yet, drop into one of our showrooms – we’d be happy to show you what we’re all about and what makes our approach to window treatments so unique.
Apply for Customer Care Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly