Windows System Engineer
2 days left
- Job Board
The Windows System Engineer’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize Microsoft Windows servers and Office 365 related components to achieve and maintain high performance of business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. This position shares responsibility for the security, integrity, and safety of the servers in the enterprise. Scope of responsibilities include server hardware, Windows Server operating systems, Office 365, core Microsoft back office technologies, and 3rd party infrastructure software and applications.
- Provide planning, coordination, and implementation for server and related application installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Create/Administer/Troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policies in a mixed 2003/2008/2012 and Office 365 environment
- Support critical and high impact server based outages and communicates the status of the outage to management
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports
- Extensive troubleshooting and performance monitoring skills to assist in server support
- Willingness to participate in 24/7 on call service and emergency onsite support if necessary
- Develop scripts and tools to automate and log common tasks and processes - Skilled in development or re-engineering of systems and processes
Bachelor's degree or equivalent or three years related experience and/or training. Industry technical certifications are desirable but not required.
Experience should include designing, implementing and supporting the following Microsoft technologies:
- Windows Server 2003 – 2012, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 Admin, WSUS, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with OU design and management, Group Policy, and certificate services
- Experience with Virtual Server technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)