Office Manager (Entry Level), Administrator Agency- NYC, 40k
7 days left
- Job Board
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,500 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client, Axis Promotions, an award winning promotional marketing agency, is seeking an Office Administrator to add to their organization in their New York City, NY office.
How do you come face-to-face with 1,200 stuffed toy penguins in a movie theater, drop off mail in a “SpongeBob Mailpants” mailbox, or join a slumber party of thousands of pajama-wearing Psych fans for the season premiere? It’s all in a day’s work at Axis Promotions. Founded in 1991 and ranked nationally as a top promotional products company, Axis partners with a wide breadth of clients to creatively integrate branded merchandise and products into dynamic marketing campaigns. The Company is consistently named in the industry’s Best Places to Work list for its work hard, play hard culture, vibrant open office space, and a socially and philanthropically active employee population. Axis is headquartered in New York City, with offices in White Plains, N.Y., Burlington, MA, and Chicago, IL.
Axis is currently hiring an Office Manager for its New York City office. This diverse role involves a broad set of functions, with a primary focus on daily office management, human resources assistance, and basic accounting assistance (HR or accounting experience is not necessary). Successful candidates will have high energy, strong written communication skills, a helpful personality, and flexibility in daily tasks.
- Office Management
- Meet and greet visitors, clients, candidates, and vendors in a hospitable fashion
- Answer main phone line, routing calls to appropriate parties
- Receive and distribute FedEx and UPS deliveries; assist employees with outgoing shipments
- Purchase office supplies for 3 main offices; maintain inventory; analyze vendors and costs
- Open and distribute mail; send outbound mail, postage machine management
- General office upkeep, organization, and cleanliness
- Liaison with building management for facilities issues
- Organize and manage office vendor list, reviewing simple contracts and negotiating costs; find ways to save operational spend
- Human Resources Assistance
- Schedule candidates for phone screens and in-house interviews with Director of Human Resources, exuding an enthusiastic and professional tone via email and phone correspondence
- Manage attendance tracking website for company
- Join culture committee and assist in company function logistics, including semi-annual parties, Sunshine Day events, Snack Wednesdays, happy hours, and other events contributing to a vibrant, fun culture
- Manage online peer-to-peer employee recognition program
- Accounting Assistance
- Review weekly check run with Accounts Payable Manager, matching invoice #’s on vendor check stubs
- Fax credit card checks to suppliers
- Distribute accounting mail and send outbound vendor checks (part of general mail distribution)
- Notify accounting when shipped order notes are received
- Miscellaneous data entry and coding in MS Excel and NetSuite (NetSuite experience is not necessary)
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of concentration
- 1-2 years (internships included) fast-paced, office administration experience
- General knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel required; PowerPoint a plus)
- Vibrant personality and positive demeanor
- Ability to multitask and deliver on a high volume of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upbeat personality with a real thirst for learning
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately. Please send your resume via this service.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V
Apply for Office Manager (Entry Level), Administrator Agency- NYC, 40k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly