Human Resource Generalist/Coordinator - Ridgefield, CT
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, a well-established, regional CPA firm, is seeking a Human Resource Generalist/Coordinator to add to their reputable organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate
This newly created position, reporting directly to the CFO and HR Partner, will be responsible for the day-to-day HR responsibilities including but not limited to; recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, compensation and benefits as well as all administrative duties within the department. We are seeking someone who is ready to take the next step in their career and grow into this position. The position will be located in the firm’s Ridgefield office with travel one day per week to their New Canaan location.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit for positions as needed. Advertise positions in appropriate publications; communicate with applicants; assist hiring managers as necessary; conduct background checks and prepare offer letters.
- Onboard new employees. Conduct orientation and process all new hire paperwork.
- Provide guidance, consultation and staff assistance to management concerning employee relations, training and development matters.
- Work with CFO to develop proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives/rewards for effective performance and retention.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and market.
- Work with TriNet in the administration of benefits, policies, and the maintenance of employee data.
- Maintain and update policies and procedures/employee handbook as needed.
- Participate in benefit plan design and contract renewals.
- Administer paid time off, short term disability and leave of absence programs including the confirmation of available vacation or personal days.
- Manage performance review process and self-assessment forms.
- Coordinate and track Continuing Professional Education.
- Manage other HR related projects as needed.
- Schedule staff assignments
- Review time and billing
- Coordinate firm functions
- Interact with Marketing and IT as needed.
- Office maintenance, retrieving and distribution of mail.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business or human resource management.
- 3+ years of Human Resource experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- PC skills - Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to contribute within a team setting
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Flexible, outgoing and excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ---Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V